• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having problems with auto-animate for a slider

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a hero slider for my project. I followed Adobe's tutorial for a carousel, and the first time I linked everything up in prototype, two of the pages animated a left slide like they were supposed to, while the third did a transition. I double checked all of my setting and all of the paths were set to Auto-Animate, time trigger, 5 sec delay, ease out (you can see this in the attachment). I couldn't find any difference between the slides, so I did some googling and saw that sometimes grouped items don't play well with auto-animate, so I made all of the slides components and named them all the same as well (as that was mentioned multiple times as a problem too). Now NONE of the slides will auto-animate, even though all the settings are the same, they simply transition, as you can see below. I've also tried setting them all to Transition with the Slide Left animation, but that causes the entire page to animate, rather than just the hero slider. What's causing the Auto-Animate to not work?

My current result:

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

And it worked, sorry I wrote a reply yesterday also but the link I shared must have been perceived as spam or something so I uploaded the sample file to dropbox, hope this reply stays 🙂 https://www.dropbox.com/s/w234462t9n9hl10/carousel-test-file.xd?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souverian, I tried to simulate the issue by creating 3 slides, placing them next to each other, grouping and making a component out of them, masking them into size of one slide, and sliding them in each artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it worked, sorry I wrote a reply yesterday also but the link I shared must have been perceived as spam or something so I uploaded the sample file to dropbox, hope this reply stays 🙂 https://www.dropbox.com/s/w234462t9n9hl10/carousel-test-file.xd?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of your artboards in Xd, with the layers panel visible and the animated element selected in the Prototype tab? Just so we can see how your elements are positioned on each artboard and how it's all set up.

If you can send the .xd file, that would be even better (if it won't upload here, upload it to a cloud service like dropbox or google drive, and share the link). In case it's confidential, feel free to send it via PM as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spas, thanks for the suggestion about using some comon service to upload the file like dropbox, google drive etc 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines