• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hit area of component Hover state

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Component states are great, but apparently the hover effect uses hit area of all the states.

I'm creating a tooltip for a button that appears by hovering. I'm doing this by hiding a layer in component on normal state, and displaying that layer on hover state.

Now, XD uses the hit area for the component from the hover state, effectively making the hover state trigger for things that are no visible for the component on regular state.

Dear Adobe, please use only normal state of the component for its hit area.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If I understood correctly, you are talking about the similar feature discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/feature-request-to-make-component-interactions-have-priority-by-layer-place-in-panel-top-first/m-p/11156905?page=1#M30065

If correct, please post a new request or upvote an existing request. If that's not what you are looking for, would you mind explaining a bit more with the help of a few screenshots of the design? We'll try our best

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I've tried it a few more times. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Also editing anything else inside the 'hover' state can cause the bounds to recalculate themselves and then it breaks the whole thing. Thanks for the workaround but it really needs proper support for cases like this, this feels more like i'm leveraging a bug within XD to get it to hackily work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is basically exploiting XD's bug, so not an official way and unreliable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding this workaround - worked for what i needed too. But yeah, bit of a pain that if you need to make any edits to it, the bounding box resets and you have to build the component again from scratch! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to this problem.
Has Adobe resolved the problem after two years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines