Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Honestly, XD is not fit for purpose

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am yet again ranting.

I'm absolutely sick of restarting, quitting, reinstalling, updating... on an ongoing basis just to see if XD will behave as it should.

Not ONE day goes by without encountering some annoying bug that destroys my productivity and sends me off into a trouble-shooting journey that often ends up in despair.

The latest one: XD freezing every 5 mins for no apparent reason.

Why has this state of affairs been normalised? The number of things that are wrong with XD is UNACCEPTABLE by any standard. It feels like using an alpha version of software made by a bunch of school kids. And it's getting worse every day. Old bugs never get fixed and new ones thrive in the eco-system of relentless updates that only serve to waste the user's time. Let's not forget the User Voice... a place where one has to go and request BASIC features in the hope that the Adobe lottery will act on it. Bulleted lists anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your troubles, been dealing with them for years myself. When a tool doesn't do the job for you, you try another one. Sometimes that's not possible, so we just have to deal with it and work around the bugs. Adobe is currently in the process of aquiring Figma, so this has likely affected the time investment they put into Xd in the last year or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your comments but this has nothing to do with the last year. XD has been a flawed venture since day 1. It was only released because Sketch was steadily grabbing market share and then Figma took off. The only reason why XD has survived any length of time is that it comes bundled with CC. Even that hasn't been enough for it to survive and Adobe had to resort to paying an extravagant amount of money for Figma to try and keep its monopoly.

XD is riddled with flaws (not bugs, that's a different issue!). Things like the way rulers and guides (not) work beg belief. Every other Adobe software has that aspect resolved yet XD is laughable. Why is that? existing, proven patterns have been completely ignored while developing XD. XD ignores every single rule in the UX/UI/Usability book, it is beyond ironic that something called Experience Design has the worst UX I've ever encountered. I've been in this industry for more than 20 years and I can honestly say that the state of Adobe software is at an all-time low with absolutely no QA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines