• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover effects in components within a scroll group not working properly in shared prototype

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is a known issue, but I couldn't find any information about it, and it's kind of frustrating.

As the title says, shared prototypes that have a component with a hover effect within a scroll group won't work properly. The issue only happens in the cloud (when previewing the prototype locally, it works fine).

Here's a link with a prototype where you can preview the issue (I have also attached a video in case you can't access the link): https://xd.adobe.com/view/35aef355-91ba-4741-ad10-de0be4970ee6-60fd/

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juan,

May I know which version of XD are you facing this issue on? Thanks.

Regards,

Shwetha Diwanji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Shwetha!

I have the 30.3.12 version installed, on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juan,

I have a bug logged for your issue and the engineering team is investigating it. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I will keep you posted as soon as I hear any updates from the team. 

Hope it helps

Regards,

Shwetha Diwanji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Shwetha! I hope it can be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an exact same issue, and this is happening since the June update and introduction of Scroll Group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've started playing around with scroll groups and noticed that components with hover states within those groups will rapidly flicker between states when hovered. That being said, I've only noticed the issue on components that have scrolled into view and while previewing the project via XD link in a browser.

This isn't a make or break issue, I was just curious if the error was on my end or not. Any help/insight would be appreciated. 🙂

Edit: I've uploaded a video of what's happening on my end in a Google Chrome browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on my end on XD 31.1.12 and on Windows 10 and it seems to be working fine. I previewed it on the Google Chrome browser. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow, along with what exactly is happening? We'll also need the version of XD and the operating system. We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being willing to help me! I'm using XD 31.1.12 and on macOS Catalina 10.15.6. I've edited my previous post with a video showing what's happening in a Google Chrome browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan,

Hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Is it possible for you to share the link with us here so that we can check at our end? We also have the current version of XD available 31.2. Try updating XD and let us know if that helps.

We'll try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update unfortunately didn't fix the issue. Here is the link:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/b1a2938b-caba-4545-9c9b-7a8800e00379-e4f1/

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link and it did behave the same at my end as well. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that I can investigate on the issue?

I will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file, Megan. I have logged a bug for your issue so that the team can investigate on it. I will update you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Megan,

Update- Could you please try the same behavior again and let us know if the issue is fixed?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this exact same issue. "
I create a scroll group
I place a row of buttons with hoverstates within the scroll group
I define the boundaries of the scroll group
Buttons that are initially visible work fine
Buttons that are initially outside of the visible boundaries "loop" between default and hoverstates

Adobe XD, Mac version 31.2.22.3
Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.51.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I see that the team is still working on the issue and you will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Al Lewis,

I would like to follow up on the issue. Are you still experiencing the issue on XD 36.2 version?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines