• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the background color of based on the state of a button on a different art board.

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have an art board with a set of buttons. The default fill color of each button is green. Each button represents a piece of equipment in the real world. If the equipment is operational the fill color is green. If the equipment has failed the fill color is red. I would like to have a "command " 'art board ' on which I can define the condition of each piece of equipment.

when a button is clicked I would like to navigate to one of 2 art boards, depending on whether it's fill is red or green. How would I do this? I am a newbie. Tia

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Steve48, if I'm not missing anything, creating a button component and then assigning its states to different artboards in prototype mode in the main component would do the trick (and since it's set in the main component, the copies/instances are already going to have those interactions) You can see the prototype and the test file itself in the links:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/7a1d24ee-cd54-4b4b-9a4c-318fa7657465-2f4e/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2k4768v7xwayuj/button-states-to-different-artboards.xd?dl=0
Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem, me or another expert might help, happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines