• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I resize multiple objects at once?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for example I create a graph chart with multiple chart boxes and distances.

Lets say the chart bars are distanced 3 px apart.  

When I drag all of the objects and resize the image while holding shift, it changes all of the distances. 

So when if I start with bars distanced 3px apart and drag and resize the whole thing, some of the bar distances become 1px apart, 2px apart, etc.  WHY????

How do I resize multiple objects while keeping the proportions and distances?

Attached below images, are in the situation I create a "bar chart" and I select the 2nd bar chart drag and select and shrink it while holding the shift, then it turns out like the one very below where the distances are all messed upI start with this and the below one is the one I want to make smaller, so I drag and grab all of itI start with this and the below one is the one I want to make smaller, so I drag and grab all of it

I hold down the shift key and make it smaller and this is what I getI hold down the shift key and make it smaller and this is what I getWhen I zoom in, this is what it looks likeWhen I zoom in, this is what it looks like

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you resize a group of objects proportionally the distance between the objects would change proportionally too - isn't this an expected behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the problem is the distance between doesnt change proportionally and becomes all random distanced.

another maybe similar experience was I created 10 perfectly round small circles and would drag and grab all of it at once and would hold the shift key to adjust the size and distance proportionally and the circles would be all random sizes!! So weird.  And some of them will also be smushed into ovals.  Not sure if this is related to my initial problem i stated but just adding incase it helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can advice you to copy object into Illustrator  resize and past back into XD. AI allows to resize in % which will keep the distance between objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created for circles. After selecting all circle and draging with Shift I get 4 small ctrcles that are resized proportionaly. Can you check it again? thanksCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but would there be any way to do this in XD? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens with my circles in XD.  I start with the first image of porportionate complete circles with same distances.  I drag and select and hold on shift to shrink it and it becomes like the bottom image of the circles messed up.  

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.21.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.22.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply. I can't reproduce your glitch. here what I get

Select all circle->Shift drag from left/right top handle.

Capture.JPGet .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't know Xd logic, but you can switch off Responsive Resize option and this should help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it doesnt seem to change anything 😞 It acts the same whether turned on or off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relative resizing and intelligent spacing of objects is on the team's roadmap the next year. You should see more improvements around these experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to scale something now and this is still an issue for me? has this been fixed yet as this was posted in 2019?

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning off responsive resize fixed the issue for me. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines