• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you mimic an expanding canvas?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish for the canvas to "grow" as selections are made. 

So, the user scrolls to the bottom, clicks a button choice, and then the canvas expands downward, they can scroll down further, and make more selections. 

How is this simulated in XD?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial thought would be to use additional artboards. When the user taps on the button, navigate to a new artboard that has the additional content on it. Not the cleanest, but it should get the job done. If you are not familar with scroll groups, this also will probably be part of the solution.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. This was my only thought too. However, I think the status of components won't transfer between the artboards. So if the user has interacted a fair bit above the point where they make a decision that expands the webpage downward, those properties won't flow to the new artboard I don't think, so it breaks the experience. I could be wrong though... I'm new at Adobe Xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines