• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How should I stop autosaving to cloud?

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop pushing users to save in the cloud. We know how we want to work, let us choose.

Right now any time we start a new doc, Xd automatically saves in the cloud with no input from the user.

Also, forcing us to use a 4-key (Cmd+Alt+Shift+S) keyboard combination to save locally (vs Cmd+S) is ridiculous.

Please stop forcing this new wave of ideologies on users who have supported Adobe for decades.

At minimum, we need the ability to configure these options so it works like every other program we've used for years.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Hi there,

We understand your frustration and I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our product team. I have also seen some voices around this on our UserVoice page. I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Hi,

If it's my "uservoice" shouldn't I have the authority over how things are titled?

You're missing the point. I'm not asking how to do something.

I'm saying stop doing something because it's very frustrating using a product that forces users to do something that is completely against every other program out there with no way to change it. Especially when the program is for UX. Ironic.

Forcing the save to the cloud when creating a new file, and not allowing them to save locally is absurd. Do you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your frustration and I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our product team. I have also seen some voices around this on our UserVoice page. I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Harshika.

Please change the title back to "Stop forcing us to save in the cloud.", it was written that way for a reason and not meant to be asked as a question like you've changed the title to (How should I stop autosaving to cloud?).

I've also posted the UserVoice. Of course, that site has a major UX issue in that it only displays the top items by default, and then any new items are buried. This is a flaw with how that site is ran, and promotes "The rich keep getting richer" concept.

Thanks and take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your concern and frustration. Actually there is a reason we retitle the post as it really help us in pulling out reports for our internal team and helps in doing the analysis of the threads on the forums. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If it's my "uservoice" shouldn't I have the authority over how things are titled?

You're missing the point. I'm not asking how to do something.

I'm saying stop doing something because it's very frustrating using a product that forces users to do something that is completely against every other program out there with no way to change it. Especially when the program is for UX. Ironic.

Forcing the save to the cloud when creating a new file, and not allowing them to save locally is absurd. Do you realize that many people do not want to use Adobe's forced cloud storage, and some simply cannot for security/secrecy reasons? How do you think the current workflow caters to these users? It doesn't. It requires about a dozen extra steps for us. Is that good UX? Don't you see this as something that should be a hi-priority fix? 

Lastly, as mentioned elsewhere, the "uservoice" site is critically flawed. It only shows top requests by default. This means virtually every new request is not shown by default. Therefore it gets buried. Are you guys not aware of this? What's the point of submitting requests if they won't have a chance to be heard?

Many of us who have supported Adobe for decades are wondering what has happened to Adobe, a once-great company...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BlackR4inbow sad EXACTLY what I would like do say. Some time we open a file just to try something, but the test was saved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absurd.

Another massive issue with Adobe Xd: No color profile management.

Try exporting your screens to a PDF or PNG, the colors are completely different (way less saturated than in Xd).

Adobe knows about this and the forced cloud saving issue - they have for ages now - and yet they have pushed out zero fixes for these critical items, update after update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also stumble now on that feature, which once seemed to be able to disable it, is now permanent there.. ADOBE PLEASE: it´s enough, that you force us now to get into "save a copy" and "save as..." because the given File formats there in the dropdown menu aren't offering JPG´s anymore... If I want to save a JPG now, I always have to remove the "copy" in the filename. Adobe, what is your Problem? Why are you forcing users to take YOUR way of workflow? Are you cracy? We are no helpless Cows, wich need such nice "helps" .. that bull****.  And now this button which has to be clicked again to "finally"save on MY Harddrive. Maybe it´s a cool feature for some, but THEN LET US CHOOSE IN THE PERFERENCES how we like it to have. that's what preferences are made for, or am wrong here? This is the very certain place, where all these decisions can lead into. Please go and tell this to the Product managers instantly. As reported from BlackR4inbow this "UserVoice" is crap. And anyways: non of you from Adobe are listening to that. I am totally frustrated of these big companies (same crap at Autodesk e.g.) and their terrible Productmanagment. This is far from practice. Do you guys think we are now working all in your cloud-only because this is offered in the first line to do so!? 

btw. I see the discussion here is pretty old and

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines