• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add one artboard into a Flow I have already set up?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only add a new flow to the artboard and not put it in the flow I already created.

Please your help 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

After much frustration, I figured this one out. 

So if you create an existing Flow and then you want to add more artboards to this-- it will not work. To fix this, you need to start fresh. So Copy&Paste your "original". Now you will have multiple artboards with no assigned Flow. Then under Design, select all of the artboards and you will see a little Share icon. Click on that while you have everything highlighted, and BAM! Now you will have multiple artboards within 1 Flow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple Flows lets you create and share different versions of a design in the same document, all in one place. Wire together different sets of artboards and share unique links for each set. Use the same set of artboards across multiple prototypes without having to duplicate your work over and over.

Please also review 

August 2020 release of Adobe XD: Introducing Multiple Flows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes no sense.  It means that everytime I make changes, I have to publish a new link.  So there's piles of links and reviewers get frustrated.  For a user experience tool, this is a poorly conceived user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to do this for my own project.  You do not need to publsih a new link, you can update the flow and update the existing link.

I added two new artboards to my design.  I placed them in order left to right how of how I wanted them to flow.  I then switch to "prototype mode" and deleted the existing page conections.   I reconnected the pages.  I thn switched to share mode and clicked the update link button.  Done.

No idea whay someone could not have just spelled it out for you.  Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to add new artboards to an existing flow by manually wiriting each artboard (seems an odd / unintuitive workaround). But where I'm stuck is how to remove / change the first artboard in the flow. As far as I can tell, you can't - you have to start over and create a new flow with a new link. Is this correct?

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that is a rough feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustration, I figured this one out. 

So if you create an existing Flow and then you want to add more artboards to this-- it will not work. To fix this, you need to start fresh. So Copy&Paste your "original". Now you will have multiple artboards with no assigned Flow. Then under Design, select all of the artboards and you will see a little Share icon. Click on that while you have everything highlighted, and BAM! Now you will have multiple artboards within 1 Flow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same issue, and all the answers here seemed to either miss the point, not work for me, or the instructions were unclear. After some reading and poking around I think I've figured it out, so thought I'd share.

1.  In Prototype mode, use interaction wires to connect your new artboard to at least one in the existing flow.

Note: If you have a series of standalone wireframes grouped into a flow for ease of sharing with stakeholders, but they're not intended or set up to be navigated between, you may find that while the connections between your existing artboards are blue, your new one is grey. Don't worry, it should still work, but if you want to fix this, you've most likely just connected something ON the existing artboard to the new one, as opposed to the artboard itself. Get rid of your grey line, select the name of the artboard you want to connect from (the whole thing should highlight blue) and reconnect to the new artboard. Voila! It's ok, I have OCD too. 🙂

2. In most instances for me, this already successfully linked the new artboard into the existing flow. For flows with a link set up, however, I sometimes found I had to update the link before it would recognise the new artboard as part of the flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one use multiple "flows" to solve this problem? I don't want to copy and paste - this is not good UX from a UX tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little puzzled by this thread. You can of course add artboards to an existing flow. Then you'll need to re-wire the interaction links to incorporate the artboads added into the flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this done then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to connect the new artboard with interaction wires in order to include it in the existing flow - but may be you're after something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine until the last artboard added didn't show in the flow despite interactions connecting to it. Is there an option one should click in other to add it to the existing flow? I couldn't find anything that said "Group" or "Add to Flow" or similar. Eventually I had to copy and paste and create an entirely new flow but that is efficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines