• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to easily create blank space at the top or left of an artboard in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I wondering why it is so hard to create blank space at the top of an artboard. When I resize an artboard the content stays in the top left corner regardless of where I pull the handle. I tried different keys (SHIFT, Option, CMD, CTRL) but that didn't help me. 

My current workflow for generating blank space at the top is like this:

- Select the artboard

- Drag handle to generate bottom space

- Click in artboard 

- Select all objects in the left panel (CMD+A would select everything on the canvas)

- Move them to the bottom

Is there an easier way to do this? Am I missing something?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Restarting did not change anything but I think I found the solution. I have to set the content to stick to the bottom (responsive resize: on; manual; bottom) and turn the responsive resize option on for the artboard (I don't know why this is necessary).

Then xd will behave the way I tried to get it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching and using Adobe XD. I have tried replicating the same at my end, but i couldn't, may be i am missing something. Would you mind sharing a short video of the entire workflow so that we can have better understanding of the same? It would be really helpful if you can share the OS & XD version of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, no problem.

I am running Adobe XD 25.1.12 on macOS 10.15.2.

space.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I am on Catalina and am not able to reproduce your issue at my end after I enable the responsive option. Taking a shot in the dark here, but can you try restarting your computer to see if it helps?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting did not change anything but I think I found the solution. I have to set the content to stick to the bottom (responsive resize: on; manual; bottom) and turn the responsive resize option on for the artboard (I don't know why this is necessary).

Then xd will behave the way I tried to get it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear you are able to fix it. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you get content to stick to the bottom? Is that a setting somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem! However your solution feels a bit unsafe to me, as I don't wnat responsive resize on (giant artboard with tons of things). I just need a bit more space so I can add the site heading at the top, which I originally didn't need in the design. I always have to select everything and manually moving it down. 

I understand if Adobe wants this to be the default, but shift/cmd/alt or SOMETHING should allow an override so users can resize the artboard and add more space to the top!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines