• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a Video or Lottie to stop when on Hover state and continue when on Default?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to say I LOVE the Adobe XD tool, it's amazing all the capabilities and possibilities you get with this tool. Thank you for building it!

Now with that out of the way. Just like the title explaines, I want to know if it is possible to make a Video or Lottie animation to stop when is on Hover state and to continue when it changes to Default state? it keeps its consistency and doesn't seems like a clumsy jump. I want the video / lottie to continue straight from the same frame where it stopped when the user hovered it so that it maintains its consistency and doesn't look like a clumsy jump back.

So far, i think this capability is not possible with AdobeXD (I can imagine some easy ways this could be achieved with code but not with adobexd). If it is not yet something we can do, I will like to suggest this feature as an improvement for future upgrades. Thank you 🙂

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristopherV37,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, you're asking the similar questions discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/adobe-xd-how-to-insert-video-triggered-by-hover/...

If so then, please try the steps suggested in the post.

Let us know if that helps. Please let us know if this is the not same thing you're looking for.  

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

I checked the source you referenced in your answer, and although the proposed solution seems to be geared towards what I want to achieve, it is still not effective for what I want to do. The proposed method makes the video / lottie play when scrolling, but the motion interruption in the video or animation is too drastic when the user moves the mouse pointer out, jumping back to the first frame.

I want the video / lottie to continue straight from the same frame where it stopped when the user hovered it so that it maintains its consistency (just as is shown in my attached example in the discussion) and doesn't look like a clumsy jump back. So, I should say no, that is not the same thing I am looking for 😕

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines