• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a .xd file that's downloaded as a zip folder

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I download a file sent to me, it's downloaded as a zip folder. I've expanded it but it's all .agc and code files. I know it's intended to be an adobe xd file, though. So how do I open this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If the file is zipped, you will need to unzip the file or right-click on it and extract it. For extracting you will need a third-party application like Winzip. Once extracted you shall see the file with an extension XD in there which you can open. Let us know if it helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If the file is zipped, you will need to unzip the file or right-click on it and extract it. For extracting you will need a third-party application like Winzip. Once extracted you shall see the file with an extension XD in there which you can open. Let us know if it helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just rename the .zip to .xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg this worked!! Such an easy fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friend, you are better than support )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this it still says the file type is a compressed file. I'm on a Windows PC. Does that matter?  Now the filename is .xd.zip.  I can't seem to convince it that it isn't a compressed file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. If the file extension states .zip then it's still compressed so could you please right-click on the file and then try extracting the file and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for your valuable feedbacks. I wanted to clarify that as Mr. Jason23189329ys8m is stating the issue that he is unable to find the source file even after renaming the file name with .xd. The same goes with me and It will be great if you can tell us a propper way to resolve this issue. I am attaching the screenshots too.

Regards

Ali RazaImage 1.JPGImage 2 Renamed It.JPGImage 3 Showing the same files.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!! YOu're amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines