• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to override bitmap in component?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this docs: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/work-with-components-xd.html#override
I could see that there is an option to override bitmap in components. I am unable to figure out how to do that and couldn't find it by searching.

Scenario:
I have a button component with an icon. It is used in multiple places. How to change to the main component button icon to reflect changes in all usages?
I can see text, color & size overrides working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Hello Abhi5CE7,

If i understood you correct , go into the edit mode of component( Double click on the main component) place an image on the main component, it will propogate to all the instances
If already an image is placed on main component, go into the edit mode of the main componentt, place an another image,, the new image will get pasted.. & will reflect in instances too..(if instances are not overided by another images).
 Hope it helps,
Regards,
Ashwini M Hireamth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Abhi5CE7,

If i understood you correct , go into the edit mode of component( Double click on the main component) place an image on the main component, it will propogate to all the instances
If already an image is placed on main component, go into the edit mode of the main componentt, place an another image,, the new image will get pasted.. & will reflect in instances too..(if instances are not overided by another images).
 Hope it helps,
Regards,
Ashwini M Hireamth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines