• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to pin comments on object in design specs?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm commenting on my prototype in the specs link, i'm pinning this comment in a sudden place.
but pinned point fixed on the screen, not object.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Technically you can pin it to an object, but that object is picked automatically based on what the pin is over. So if that first layer / component covers everything, it is detected as the pin's anchor and not the objects below. You can't target specific objects in a dropdown or something and comment on them.

P.S. You can try hiding that top layer / component, updating the link, adding the comments to objects, and then showing that top layer again, if it's worth going through the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have a look at the layers on the artboard and their structure? A screenshot from xd with the layers panel visible would be nice. You can place pins on objects, but if you have some fixed group or layer on top, they might be sticking to it and stay fixed for that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that fixed a big complicated component (top menu), but it must be the first of the layers. That is my request - if I could pin the comment on any object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Technically you can pin it to an object, but that object is picked automatically based on what the pin is over. So if that first layer / component covers everything, it is detected as the pin's anchor and not the objects below. You can't target specific objects in a dropdown or something and comment on them.

P.S. You can try hiding that top layer / component, updating the link, adding the comments to objects, and then showing that top layer again, if it's worth going through the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines