Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remotely control a prototype running on a mobile device

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there everyone,

is there a way to control or trigger an XD prototype running on a mobile device with a remote control? A wireless keyboard or something.

Thanks in advance!

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feels like so:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/xd/help/keys-gamepad-triggers.html

But what's your specific usecase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know those triggers only work with computers. But not with smartphones and tablets.

I design interactive prototypes for movies and for instance I need a smartphone to look like as if is receiving a notification triggered when asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are demo-ing, right? Then mirror-screencast, or a hidden button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately all interactions must be remotely controled. I use Power Point and Keynote in these cases, though I’d prefer to use XD instead. But remote control is necessary and screencasting is not stable enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you are screencastig when you are using PPT / Keynote? If not what are you using...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keynote (and Power Point) allow to be remotely controlled ALSO on smartphones and tablets. Adobe XD only on computers. So: no, I do not screencast. Presentations run natively on the device and can be controlled with a wireless keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got you. It's something Adobe needs to look into...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback, Marrrrioooo. We would suggest you to please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests on our XD UserVoice page so that our team can help look into your idea.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure do! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines