• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove the published link permanently in XD?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to Adobe XD. I have created a link for a prototype and sent it to someone, I need to remove this link permanently, is it possible to do so??

Please help, Thanks !

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hello Apoorv Tiwari,

In the welcome screen of the XD, click on the Manage links, it will redirect to creative cloud.. in that top left corner there are five options, click on published links.. all the published links will be displayed, in the thumbnail of the file left top corner one checkbox is there , check it and select delete, the deleted will be stored in deleted tab.. again there you can delete permanently..

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Apoorv Tiwari,

In the welcome screen of the XD, click on the Manage links, it will redirect to creative cloud.. in that top left corner there are five options, click on published links.. all the published links will be displayed, in the thumbnail of the file left top corner one checkbox is there , check it and select delete, the deleted will be stored in deleted tab.. again there you can delete permanently..

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apoorv,

Thank you for reaching out. As rightly explained by Ashwini on how to remove the links permanently. You may also check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html#Howdoicreatelinksforsharingadesigns... which contains the visuals of the steps shared by him.

Thank you Ashwini for your contribution to this post. It really helped.

Regards,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ashwini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I have done the all steps you have mentioned above and deleted the XD link from myself but although I have deleted that link,  the share link  is opened  and I want to delete it as soon as possible. 
How can I do it? Can you help me, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Some project links are still public and working fine even after I deleted it a month before.
How to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I even restored some old projects thinking the link had come from there but there weren't any links to manage from those files. The link is still live even after I've now permanently deleted the files. The link was as a result of trying to troubleshoot an issue and I don't want it published anymore but since it doesn't show up in Manage links, I don't know how to get it taken down. Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem. Deleted the link in Adobe Cloud but the Link still appears in XD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy, in 2022 still I can't delete the link in XD file. Somebody please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can delete the link in XD file here https://assets.adobe.com/links 

Hope it helps, goodluck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii wolfpack2794, I have already deleted the shared project link from you mentioned URL(https://assets.adobe.com/links), but still my shared link is open to public. How could I delete the shared link permanently from server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to delete link permanently?
- go to this url https://assets.adobe.com/links

- click on "your files" and choose "published" then delete permanently the shared link project that you want to remove

If it isnt working i guess you can try to save the project that you want to remove the shared link on your desktop/ internal memory and then delete it from the creative clouds. After that you can save the project that you've been backup to the creative clouds again. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I understand what you're saying and had the same issue. I could delete them via the assets link, but couldn't remove them from XD. Yikes! BUT I've found a solution - select the shared links blue button in the upper left hand corner (the thing you're trying to get rid of) then click on the prototype tab and de-select the little blue house (home icon)  next to that blue link you're trying to get rid of. You'll see the link disappear, then return to the 'Design' tab and the link will be gone. You should be able to create a new link now using whatever artboards you want to use. The solution is a little strange, but it worked for me so I thought I'd share it with you. Let me know if it works or if you have any other questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This might help our customers who might be experiencing a similar issue.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance in XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you my friend! This is what I looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have permamnently deleted the published link, I have also deleted the cloud document and saved a local version. I also deselected the blue house icon inside the document. I have done everything, but the link is still published and visible to clients! I urgently needs this removed! Is there anyone that can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reinhard5E0F,

Thank you for contacting us, In which version of Xd your facing an issue and also please  attach the screen recording it helps in reproducing and also mention the platform...

Regards,

Ashwini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reinhard5E0F,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the trouble while deleting the links, could you please some more info on this,

1. XD version
2. On which Platform - Mac/ Win
3. Is it with all the published links[ Say- Design/ Development]
4. If possible, please attach the screen recording
So that we will try to reproduce from our end

Regards, 
Ashwini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you! This is the solution! 
Now I just need to find out how to add more artboards to a link. Let's say I made webbanners, but client wants to see more options. How do I add the new banners to my current link? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having similar issues. If i click 'manahe links' from the splash screen, it takes me to a 'your files' page- where i can seemingly delete my files, but theres no mention of deleting any links...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh - i see, Its not an actual 'file' ill be deleting, but the link to it!.   Pretty bad wording id say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines