• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resize the preview window? Mine is showing back background

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have acreated a banner eith autoanimate and would like to record it from the preview screen windows to convert it into gif, but it is showing a black screen with another dimensions. The banner is 350x250 px but I don't know how to resize the preview screen to that size. How can I resize the preview screen so that it only display the designs I have created at the dimensions I choose instead oa a blck background? Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're having trouble in using desktop preview inside XD. Basically black screen appears in preview window becuase of the different size artboards. I see you are using artboard with smaller dimesion/size in the image which you have shared with us and as of now we can't resize the preview window screen to that of your artboard size.We have received a similar request on Adobe XD UserVoice and If you’re talking about the same. I'd request you to please upvote this requesthttps://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34277722-adjust-th...

please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help..

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have gone through the link you sent but I didn't find information about how to resize the preview mode, can you help with this? In the link there are other peope with the same problem, but no information about how to resize it. I know it is possible. In this video the preview window size is adapted to the size of the banner , she just needs to record the preview and she will have the right size of the banner showing, and no black screen. How can I do this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and In the video which you have shared with us I see all artboards are of same size i,e 1920*600 so she was able to record the preview without black screen. If you want to have preview with banner size without any black screen then you need to use artboards with large dimensions like 1920*1080. I have attached a video of the workflow so you can understand desktop preview with different artboard dimesions.please let us know if this helps.

please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your answer. From what you say and the video attached, does it mean I cannot customise the size of the preview? Does the preview only displays at standard formats as shown in your video? Does this list of formats (tablet, iphone etc) include some cuatom size? I don't see the list of formats (tablet, iphone, etc) on the interface of my XD,  by the way, see attached. There is nothing showing after Layout.Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Otilia,

Yes, you are right you can't customize the  preview window because of the different artboard size but if you use standard formats you can see preview window without black screen, this you can try as workaround . Meanwhile you can request for this feature on Adobe XD UserVoice to upvote this feature request.https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34277722-adjust-th...

Also In the image which you have shared with us, I see you have clicked on select tool so you are not able to see all the artboards so to see all the artboards on property Inspector(after layout) you need to click artboard tool or click"A"on mac which is on left side of XD screen.Please download the latest version of XD and enjoy the new features. 

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines