• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to swap components in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create multiple components out of, let's say, icons... it would be great to be able to select that component and then right-click to quickly swap out one icon for another one. Would be great for icons, buttons, and other items that have many different variations.

Is there a way to do this and I'm just missing it?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Hi jrun,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. Swapping a component in XD is as simple as dragging a component from the Assets panel and placing it on top of the component on canvas you like to swap it with. Please refer to this link for more details on working with components: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/components.html

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrun,

Thank you for using Adobe XD. Swapping a component in XD is as simple as dragging a component from the Assets panel and placing it on top of the component on canvas you like to swap it with. Please refer to this link for more details on working with components: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/components.html

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a game changer jrun. The Adobe XD method to swap components is a little cumbersome. Users need to use the search every time or scroll a though a huge library to find the icon you would like to swap. The Figma/Sketch method of labeling componets takes little work up front but pays off in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Shwetha!

I'm aware of the ability to drag items from the Assets panel but my panel is LONG so I'm forced to use search and even then it can be a pretty long list. Mouse, keyboard, typing, scroll through filtered list, mouse to drag-n-drop new asset in is just too cumbersome with large design systems. A simple, right-click, select "swap with..." in menu, and show a list of assets with a similar naming scheme or part of a group of components would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrun,

While we don't have such feature yet, it does seem quite interesting. Could you please file a request for same at https://adobexd.uservoice.com to get more upvotes? We will try our best to get this on our roadmap to deliver in upcoming releases. Thanks.

Go XD!!

Regards,

Shwetha Diwanji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I upvoted this one and added a clarifying comment to hopefully gain support for this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38525155-swap-comp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines