• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to toggle through component instances in XD?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was a keyboard shortcut that would quickly cycle through component instances. 

It doesn't take much time to navigate to the top right of the XD window and select each instance of a component. But, I believe that adding this shortcut would save countless hours

To adjust a single element within each instance takes a moment to achieve. For example, the gif below is 38 seconds. When seeing this time I decided to set up a mock run as if this new feature did exist. On the artboard, I duplicated the same button and arranged them side by side. One button in the default instance and the other set to the hover instance.

The mock run went as follows. Adjusted the text in the static instance, deselected out of the component, and paused for 1 second as if I had executed a keyboard shortcut. Then immediately selected the text in the hover instance component and pasted the same text into the button. The new time was only 15 seconds. 

Switching through component instances takes a lot of timeSwitching through component instances takes a lot of time

My dream user input path: 
Select Component > Select Element > Edit > Select Out > Keyboard shortcut to toggle component instance > Select Element > Edit > Deselect > DONE

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

In addition to what Harshika said, feel free to support this feature as well:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

If we had this, we wouldn't need to bother with switching states all the time and making repetitive edits that should've been automated in the first place 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We have seen multiple requests have been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39139462-keyboard-...

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what Harshika said, feel free to support this feature as well:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

If we had this, we wouldn't need to bother with switching states all the time and making repetitive edits that should've been automated in the first place 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines