• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Turn a Shape into a Line? Pen Tool?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make the "unlock arm" - I pretty easily made the locked shape by using the Pen tool to bend two circles into shape. But subtracting the connections to make a line out of a shape is more difficult. You can see in my 2nd photo the outcome, deleting the points with the Pen tool removes that corner point but "preserves the connection" of the shape, so to speak.

How can I make that curved line of the lock arm? Can I do this out of a shape by subtracting the bottom line? Or should I just start with a straight line and bend it to the appropriate curvature?

What.PNGpen.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I found this tutorial on the Pen tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4eFLosQVNo, please go through it and see if that helps.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts on the forum if they want to share something with you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika for the reply. I could always benefit from more Pen tool tutorials, but I wasn't able to find the answer in that one. I may not be able to do it at all or at least not in the way I expected to.

I ended up just making a straight line and used the Pen tool to add anchor points and bend them into the appropriate curve. This works for now. But for any experts reading this, I am still curious if it's possible to "erase" a line from a shape in XD, to remove the connecting points/lines. Or would I only be able to delete the anchor points with the pen tool, no deleting of lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi defaultnuyj6fue0uql,

Could you please also check this tweet: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/731186027784593408 that I found which might help you?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines