• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to unmark the extra asset to get download on development link in XD?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There are numereous assets images randomly created on a development link shared from XD. I always choose export icon only for those icons and images i want my dev team to download. In any case there are random number of images available for download created automatically. If you see the image below the blocks marked in red are the assets i didn't export they were added automatically and there on the link I exported. How do I make those extra items go away from the dev link?Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 3.47.17 PM.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dolly,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble facing while exporting assets in XD. In order to remove the assets being exported in the development link. You can always unmark the asset from layers panel. Please see the attached image.

unmark export.png

Other thing you can do is always check the total number of assets while sharing the link under Download assets.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for getting in touch! Actually, I know how to unmark items in the panel. That's not an issue. My problem is there are 10 items in the 'all items' panel and I mark item no 1, 3 and 4 for assets to be downloaded on a dev link. Now when I share this link suddenly I can see item 2,5,6,7 also in the assets download panel say these are the red marked items in the image I shared. These items where never 'check marked' in the original items panel before I exported the link. And yet I can see these unwanted items in the asset download panel on the dev link. Hope this makes it more clear. If I haven't checked an item how will I uncheck it? These items are appearing automatically without me check marking them. Hey, let me know if there's any other way. Also I went into the group of groups of items to see if anything there was check and so these other items were appearing but no even in the groups I can't see the images checked but still they kind of make way to the asset panel in shared link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dolly, 

I apologize for the delay in response and thanks for elaborating.  I would request you to select all the objects and uncheck "Mark for export" at the botom of properties panel in Design mode.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey, HI hope you are well. Yes I did uncheck. So basically what i did was i just searched for the item name in the search panel and it took me to that object directly! So it became easy to uncheck then. Cool thanks for the help. So incase any one is unable to search items all they need to do is type in the name of items. In my case the names were like 'rectangle 233' so on and so forth.. These were like hidden in groups of groups so i could never find them. Problem solved so thanks a lot for helping out! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines