• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't drag and drop images to Adobe XD

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't drag and drop images to Adobe XD. I think I tried everything that was post in the comunnity (EnableLUA to 0-1, Change User Account Control Settings, sfc /scannow for corrupt files) and I can't fix it yet. My Adobe XD version is 44.0.12. I will put my Windows specs and my pc specs below. 

MatiasNahuel5E62_0-1632340484107.png

MatiasNahuel5E62_1-1632340638707.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh. Like I said, I tried the solutions that were posted in that link, but I have the issue yet. I didn't have Win10 updated, so I updated Windows and still have the issue. When I drag a picture from a desktop folder to XD, I obtain a circle with a line. I can import images from file or just pressing Ctrl + Shift + i, but I can't drag them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matías, when did this start happening?

Did you try running Xd as administrator? Have you tried reinstalling Xd? 

Will you be able to record what exactly is happening when you try to drag an image in Xd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Spas K.

This problem started yesterday, when I installed Xd for the first time. How can I start Xd as admin? Because I dont have the shortcut, and I can't do it also. I tried reinstalling Xd a lot of times, after tried every solution that were posted in the Adobe Support Community. When I drag an image to Xd, I obtain a circle with a line, that indicates that I can't drag it. (Below the video)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad, turns out you can't start UWP apps (which Xd is) as admin. If you've tried the other solutions, not sure if I can think of anything else right now.

Until you wait for ideas from others, as a workaround, you can try Ctrl+C on the image you want to import, then select the rectangle and press Ctrl+Alt+V. That should import it to the selected element, without going through menus and such.

P.S. Did you try dragging images in from different folders and/or drives, or directly from the browser? Is it all the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem about UWP apps! I didn't know that I can copy and paste into rectangle in that way that you explained, thank you for that. About dragging from other places, I can't do that. I tried from browser and other folders, and it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, in case it's a permission issue. You can check if you have access to the WindowsApps folder in Program Files, and if not, get ownership of it. Here's a nice article that describes how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About this, I can access to WindowsApp's folder, so I think that's not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last thing, don't know how much it makes sense, but open Xd and then the Task Manager, expand it and right-click > Properties > Security > Advanced, and check if your user is in there and has full control. If not, try to add it.

SpasK_0-1632423211642.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try this, and if it works, I will tell you! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines