Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost all the assets in the locally saved file

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team,

I have just lost all the assets in the locally saved file worth my one month. While saving the Adobe XD stopped responding. It just went on a lost trip and then crashed... when I again opened my file, there were only blank artboards.

PS: I haven't pressed any delete or backspace or any other button. I only pressed 'ctrl + s' before this happened...

Can you help me out?

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Hi Anendrap ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Generally, if the data get lost because of application crash we can try to recover the file from this location (Win): \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Hope this will help you .

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anendrap ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Generally, if the data get lost because of application crash we can try to recover the file from this location (Win): \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Hope this will help you .

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support, 

I've encountered the same issue. The only difference is I'm using Mac. Could you provide a solution for my platform? Thanks for your consideration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if you are able to find existing file here: MAC : ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support, 

I've been working in an Adobe XD file for some months now, covering a range of wireframes and visual designs. I experienced a software crash and upon opening the file, all artboards are coming up blank. I haven't been using the cloud version due to too many interruptions of software crashing. So, I moved the file to my local HD and have been working fairly well up to this morning. Is there some way I can access a version before the file apparently being corrupted? Is there someway for my designs to appear again?

Thank you for your consideration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/i-have-lost-all-the-assets-in-the-locally-saved-file/m-p/111...

Let us know if this helps you recovering the file or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi new to the forum.  I just experienced same as described here except my files are stored on Adobe's cloud.  I had a file open with 20+ artboards.  I left it open for a few hours and when I came back all but three artboards were blank.  I went to the cloud, check all previous "versions" had the exact same content.

Can anyone point to an option for recovery.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines