• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator to Adobe XD: Error Loading Document

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am trying to import my Illustrator artboards into Adobe XD. I have tried this several ways (open with, import, drag and drop..) and every time it says "Error loading document. Invalid document type." Both Illustrator and Adobe XD are updated to the latest. When I try to import the file from within Adobe XD it freezes before it even gives the error. I even tried restarting my laptop. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First make a simple AI file and see if it will import. If it does import, try cloning the file you are having issues with, and reducing it to one artboard, then try importing it. Then either break the file up into artboard to one file and import that way. Another option would be to try to directly copy and pasting from Illustrator into XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines