• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Import & Export]-Import PDF directly into XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Acrobat extension for Google Chrome enables users to convert web pages into PDF with formatting and link fuctionality intact. Can I leverage this in XD? It would be nice to be able to convert screens my Team's working web app in process as a starting point to then layer on some proposed design changes to those screens using XD.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with the extension. Is there a difference between directly exporting to PDF from XD versus what you are trying to achieve with this extension?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to go from PDF to XD. Today I only import images to XD and then add wiring in XD for my web app enhancement demos.

I would like to be able to import from PDF to XD directly and it seems like the chome extension, which grabs and web app screens and converts them into PDF complete with link functionality intact, could be a time saver over simply importing screen images into XD.

Thanks,

Bob Taylor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. It would be really helpful if you can share a short video of the workflow on what you are trying to achieve so that we can understand better.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also share the name of the Chrome extension here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Adobe Acrobat extension to convert an HTML web page into a PDF file. The conversion process pulled in fully working drop-down selection lists etc. (see below).  I would like to import the resulting PDF file into XD. Is the only way to do that is via Illustrator? My goal is to import a drop-down selection list into XD the same way I was able to import it into PDF. I pressume that is not currently possible, meaning I will have to import just an image and then mannually add the drop-down effect into XD. Is that correct?

Example HTML to PDF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines