Exit

Imported smart object are scaled down and pixelated

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the following issue :

First, I create a smart object in Photoshop and then add it to the CC library. Then when I import it from the CC library to Adobe XD or After Effect, the smart object shrinks and looks totally pixelated. It doesn't preserve it's original size and quality. But when I double click on it (from the CC library panel) I can edit it in Photoshop and it looks just fine.

Do you know what's going on here?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatiouLilou,

Thanks for sharing the details here, would it be possible if you could share either the screenshot or the prototype with us via private message. So that we may assist you further. Are you experiencing it with After Effects as well?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul_Saini,

I will send you a psd and an xd files examples. You'll see that once imported in XD, the smart object doesn't preserve it's original size and quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I'd be looking forward to it, please let me know once you have sent it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's been 5 months now, have you found a solution? If I can't add smart objects to the Creative Cloud library and then reuse them in Adobe XD, there is no way for me to create a Design System and taking advantage of Photoshop in conjunction with Adobe XD.

One of the reason I support Adobe XD is to take advantage of the whole Adobe Ecosystem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, the ecosystem is not optimized. I have the same problem and the only way I have found so far is to pixelate the image and then re-put it in the library. XD don't like Photoshop dynamic objects ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - make your files in double resolution of 72 (144 dpi) then they import in the right size in XD.

/Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi its my question too, If you find the answer , would you please share the cause & solution ❤️🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines