• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In developer mode text is seen as background image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Xd file with screens where all text in Developer mode preview is seen as a background image in the CSS panel. With another file this is not happening what am i doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 14.31.16.pngScreenshot 2022-02-03 at 14.33.02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Thanks for your reply!

I found it! The problem accurs when you mark text for export. It's a BIG file and I didn't want to mark every single piece so I marked all for export including text. 

I had to hand unmark all text layers, took me an hour hahaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Henk83 , interesting, never encountered the issue, thinking what I'd do, I'd save the file with a different name/make a copy and delete and recreate some texts from scratch, matching the existing style and test it, and if it works, would continue doing so, since there might be something wrong with the file or text elements in that file. Please try that and update as I'm curious about this issue, meanwhile some other folks may see this and might have some other ideas. I tried to see what happens if I convert some text to path, but it appears as "path" and other texts are acting like you expect from a text, testing prototype link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/ba43b6cc-2552-41ae-b0a6-17fbcc7a142a-ef10/specs/ (second text element from top is path as you see because I converted it to, but the other ones are texts can be copied via clicking the "Content")

Edit: After masking the text  on top with a rectangle, you can select it in XD by double clicking and getting into that mask but at the preview link now it appears as "Mask Group", (even if you select the text to be exported in XD file, it appears as image in the assets of the prototype, because it is masked) probably your texts have something like that. (Although I made the button at the bottom a component and you can perfectly select the text in it so we should behave texts as texts, if we mask them/behave them as if they're images they might not be selectable in prototype specs :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I found it! The problem accurs when you mark text for export. It's a BIG file and I didn't want to mark every single piece so I marked all for export including text. 

I had to hand unmark all text layers, took me an hour hahaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so nice to select all layers, why is this not possible?

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 10.05.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Henk83 Ah I see, interesting, didn't know that, I thought that might be because of some similar "image treatment" like masking but marking to be exported results the same then actually which makes sense since we do that to the images, icons, visual items to be downloaded 🙂 But in my sample file, I marked the first text up there to be exported and it's still can be selected, there must be something else in your file like a mask etc as I said. But I'm glad to see you resolved the issue.  Oh and you can select multiple layers while holding shift, I even searched for feature requests and it's also mentioned there: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/14893407-select-mu...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you respons!

I Know holding shift allows to multi select. But you can't multi select along multiple artboards when you filter on text in the layers panel, like the image suggests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines