• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In XD 41 version- Unable to assign 2 different button actions to the same element with gamepad.

Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the video, I am trying to assign 2 different actions where each one takes to one different state. Simple as that, it used to work, but now its simply not working anymore. I restarted. Tried to redo the component again, but its still just not working. It erases the second gamepad shortcut 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue to our XD community. We would like to know if this is happening with the new files that you created with the latest version or old files. Could you please try this on a new file and share the results? Is it possible for you to share the file with us so that we can investigate at our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Please also share the version of XD and the operating system you're using.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened on my old prototype, but on a new component. 

I have created a new file and it started working, but after creating some more components it started to ignore some of the prompts I have assigned to the buttons, so I guess it does not support more then 10 buttons with 3 assignments to each. In gamepad menus, this is a huge let down because you need at least 3, [A], [Dpad up], [Dpad Down]. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a video showing how I am trying to create components and how the program fails from time to time. But it does not record the tests, while I press play. I believe its an autosave issue, it affects how adobe XD records the key assignments while I want to control the states inside a component. I think it´s very unpredictable. I opened my file again, saved the prototype from 5 to 5 seconds and this is a problem when you are working with a prototype because you need to come back to the design tab to save it, unless you want ctrl-s to be assigned to your keys on the prototype.  

When auto-save, it prevents you to control z, because it saved it for you and you and it looks like you never did a thing on the prototype. I don't want to be annoying, I just want the program to come back to normal again. Thanks for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines