• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent ability to transition between component states

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making components with multiple states, including transitions between them, I sometimes have the ability when making a link to move to an arrboard or another component state, but sometimes I only have the ability to transition to another artboard.  There is no discernable reason why I cannot link to a different component state, and it is incredibly frustrating in those situations.

What are the rules here?  When can I link between component states and when can't I?

TOPICS
How to , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you don't have the ability to move to another state, what do you mean?

Does the other state not appear in the "Destination" dropdown, or are all the options greyed out?

Generally, you can always link to a different component state (assuming you have more than one).

To do that, click once on the small blue circle with the arrow, instead of clicking & dragging, so the small "tail" appears. You can also click on the small "+" icon next to "Interaction" under the area where the states are.

If you have a hover state this happens by default, which might be the misleading part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other states do not appear in the Destination dropdown, and the prompt does not mention other component states.

The green-outlined component has two states, but for some reason, I cannot link to another state with certain controls.  You can see in the second image that the component in question has two states.

The switch control does not have a hover state, and it is not a multi-state component.  I have even tried making a transparent rectangle as a click target, just in case a component can't be a click target.  It still doesn't allow me to change component states.

craigm66759995_0-1593439487215.png 

craigm66759995_1-1593439677371.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is possible, it would be useful if you can copy these elements to a new file and upload it here, or record a video of the problem, so that we can check it out and see what's happening.

From what I see on the images you should be able to do that, but I don't see the layers panel and there might be something small that gets in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remade the example because the file I'm working in contains private data.  When I remade it I was able to get the example working, so now I can't show you.

But this happens a lot.  I would appreciate some additional feedback from the UI to help me understand when I can and cannot do this, and why I can't when I believe I should be able to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to recreate the issue in my example:

craigm66759995_0-1593462796933.png

As you can see here, there is no hover state on the affected component:

craigm66759995_0-1593462915146.png

I tried to attach the XD document and got the following message:

"The attachment's broken-component-example.xd content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

How do I attach the associated XD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, maybe upload it to google drive, dropbox or something else, this forum system is a hassle on its own 🙂

How did you manage to break it the second time? Or its just happening randomly and you remade it till it broke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines