• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Scrolling on Web

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're noticing an issue where scrolling artboards in XD links is very janky/broken, almost sticks at different points.

We replicated this on Windows, MacOS, and Linux, and in both Firefox and Chrome. The issue seems to be worse when the zoom is lower. For example, at 72.4% or lower its really frustrating for me, but at 100% zoom it's not. 75% its still broken, but much better than 72.4%. Another user didn't notice it get bad until going down to ~59.1% zoom.

I'm running Chrome 93 maximized on a 1920x1080 monitor. I am using a mouse with a 'clicky' scroll wheel, in case you think this is related to people using scroll wheels instead of gesture mice.

It isn't limited to specific links for us, but if you need us to provide one I can get one for you.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's always been that way. At least since I started using Xd 3 years ago. But it's rarely been too bad, and I haven't seen too many threads complaining about it, so I assume that's why it hasn't been a priority.

It should still be filed as a bug though, so feel free to share a video with the scrolling issue. It should help in that regard. It has something to do with how prototypes are rendered in canvas. Dragging the screen with the mouse, rather than scrolling, seems smoother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Width and Height of your artboard (and the Viewport Height)?

Sometimes large artboard like 1920 wide are more challenging because they have more pixels to push than smaller artboards.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this on lots of artboards, but for example, this one is 1440px wide and ~7600px tall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines