• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install XD free version on a computer that runs a full paid CC install

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, this question/request might sound strange but there is a reason which I explain a bit further below. So the question: can I install and run the free version of XD on a computer on which a full license of CC (including the option to install XD) is running? Or will the installer always install it with my full license?

Reason/background: I have been asked to give someone some lessons in XD and this person uses the free version. He is worried that my full version has functions that the free version doesn't have, which could affect the teaching.

Of course a related question could be: are there any other functions beside sthe sharing functions the free version is limited in (because if not the above worry might have no grounds anyway). I do not know enough about the free version (I didn't even know it exists before I had been approached for teaching) to see if there might be an issue to work parallel if one person uses the free one and one the paid one.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ehyttrek ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found an article that has all the information related to the starter plan, please check this article. You can check the FAQ section for more information. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are all the differences between the plans. Limitations are mostly about number of published prototypes and publishing libraries, not really the core app functionality.

You can probably register a different Adobe account with the starter version only, logout of your account with the paid plan, and log in with the starter account in the CC app, which *in theory* should allow you to use the starter version without impacting the one already installed before. But I haven't tried it and I'm not sure how that will turn out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines