Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive component states

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I have 4 checkboxes on a wireframe and a confirm button.

How can I ensure the confirm proceeds to next page only if atleast 1 checkbox is checked else display a warning message in Adobe XD?

I have gone through several articles about interactive component states but did not understand validation of fields. Please clarify asap.

Thanks !

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @srunick, I think answer to some question I replied in the past might resolve this, showing the user a different version of the submit button, depending on an element clicked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDFVcSVaUrg (sample file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88dqqex080czf8n/submit-buttons-to-different-pages.xd?dl=0 ) You can replace the submit button with a version that goes to a different artboard this way, hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have confirm button as a component to proceed to next page. I am not clear on validating checkbox status to redirect after clicking the confirm button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thomashallgren's solution also can work. What I meant was, like in the example I shared, whenever a user clicks a checkbox, just switch the submit button with a version of it, that goes to a different artboard. You don't neeed to validate whether the checkbox is checked, the switch happens as soon as user clicks the checkbox. Hope this helps, if you still are not clear I might test and share a screencast with you later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on a box takes the user to another frame. When on an XD frame that has a checked box, the confirm box goes to the next page. Otherwise from the pages without checked boxes, simply display the warning as an overlay.

@thomashallgren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to validate that atleast 1 box is checked to proceed with confirm button? I will research about overlay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I want to implement promotion code in checkout page.

When the code is valid it shall reduce the payment amount else display an error message.

Is there an option in Adobe XD to allow user to input the code in textbox ?

I created a component default state as code in textbox and toggle as success message.

Please clarify how can I implement the promotion code in payment ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a component, then adding a state. 

@thomashallgren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I created a component of Einlösen button and the default state is checkout page on toggle it redirects to success page. How can I redirect to error page when there is no option of user input in promo code textbox ? Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines