• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to mark ALL assets for export even if they are in groups?

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue today where my dev couldn't get all the assets within a group because XD had "flattened" them. I absolutely need to work with groups from the design perspective. There doesn't seem to be a way to expand all groups in the Layer Panel, which makes it extremely time-consuming to go through and expand layers within layers within layers so that I can select all and mark for export.

I know that devs can usualy right click to select assets within a group. However, I've learned today that every single asset WITHIN the group has to be marked for export. That makes no sense! The dev can already save the whole group as a flat icon, so why would they not ALWAYS be able to go down the list to select individual assets within the group?

How can I mark everything for export individually whether or not it's in a group?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Hi Bombadillo2,

Thank you for reporting us, alternative option is to Go to layers panel,select each and every element from layers panel..even if its grouped also..then click on the mark for export icon..

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. You can batch export assets that are marked using Mark for Export option in the Property Inspector. To export multiple objects as a single asset, group the objects before export. Please see this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/export-design-assets.html

If this is not what you're looking for, we would suggest submitting your feedback on our XD UserVoice page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link with us for tracking purposes.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for the opposite of that. What you suggested is how it's already working.

I want to export all individual assets even if they're in a group. Usually the dev can right click to select assets within the group, but often it flattens the assets into one image instead so that the dev can't select them individually unless I open literally every group before Mark for Export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bombadillo2,

Thank you for reporting us, alternative option is to Go to layers panel,select each and every element from layers panel..even if its grouped also..then click on the mark for export icon..

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you saying the only way to select every object is individually?!?!

For future versions, please ask Adobe to create a better option, that is very time-consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jenny Hill McGee,

We understand your concern, and we will make sure to share your feedback with the team. You may also submit your feedback on our XD UserVoice and share the link with us here for more upvotes on the feature, which will give it more visibility.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a program specifically made for UI and handoff and you can't mark individual items for export if they're in a group, its a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe XD Development team making joke in every updated version... its sucks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Going through the layers panel and selecting every single object individually to mark for export is ridiculous and way too time consuming. Why can't the program understand if you select items in a group/component that all of those items should be marked for export? Right now if something is grouped or is a component, it makes the entire object the export instead of the individual elements inside of it. This needs to be fixed in XD because right now I'm trying to hand off a design to a developer and I have to create a new document and ungroup everything to mark for export. Now, if there are any revisions going forward, I have to work with the original document and make the changes in the components and do this all over again.

Please do something about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! It doesn't make any sense right now.

If they think users would have some reasons for not marking all for export, they could add a simple radio option "select all layers within groups" or "select groups only"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem. Isn't there any way to choose everything in the artboard at once and just "mark for export"?? why do I have to waste half an hour on each artboard just marking the group, and inside that group, and inside that group. super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines