• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to reuse same color value for different design token in XD?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a video to demonstrate an issue that occurs during the definition of colors with same color value. This is important to enable realistic use of design tokens. https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/collaborate/developer-handoff/using-design-tokens.html

Is the issue known? Is it on a backlog? If so, when can we expect the fix?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Data loss , Design , Known Issue , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Konstantin Denerz,

Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid it is not possible on the XD yet. I have found a similar request raised here: Allow duplicate colors in assets panel – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests &amp; Bugs which you might want to upvote and submit feedback on.

You can also check this extension, Adobe XD for Visual Studio Code  which might help you achieve your results.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA,

Thank you for the quick response. When I watch the video I see an error and not a missing feature. This bug should be more important than 120 Votes  . With this issue it's not possible to work with XD in a professinoal way such as creating a design system with the support of multiple themes in one file, to share the design with developers by providing the same design tokens used in design. The code extension you mentioned should import the design tokens from XD document to achieve consistency.

This issue and the unstable, terrible coediting feature are the reasons why I'm looking for other design tool in my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern and will make sure to share your feedback with the team for making improvements. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This really is a very bizarre "feature". I call it a "feature" because the easier option would have been to not merge duplicate colors. The developers must have intentionally included this functionality for some purpose, but I have no idea what rationale could be behind it.

Is there some benefit to merging the colors that I'm not seeing?

If not, it seems like this would be a 5 minute fix where you just delete the code that makes the colors merge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines