• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to turn off the Border stroke by default in XD?

Advisor ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? Cause surely no intelligent software engineer would actually make border strokes a default feature? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something. And please stop asking people to upvote obvious stuff for it to be considered on your official XD developer site! If you keep on doing that this application will never lift off as anything other than an eternal "in progress" project. Some things are just a must. It doesn't have to be voted on. C'mon Adobe, really?  

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

I did not find a similar feature request here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

You can create a request using that link. If the feature gets enough traction by way of votes, the team can prioritize it for future development.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. I have found a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34322818-set-object-to-default-to-no-stroke

Please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least, the app should have some learning behaviour, as do other Adobe-Apps. If the first thing you do to a shape is removing the stroke, it should be able to learn that after a few actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i STRONGLY AGREEE with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of all that is holy, FIX THIS Adobe.

Frankly I find the lack of any preferences in a software geared towards professionals appalling in the first place, but to have this on top of that and have it be a known issue for 4 years is even worse.
At the very least make it so that if I change my shape settings before I draw a shape that it's persistent. A small icon for toggle border by default would be wondeful, and a full on preferences menu and shortcut customization would be ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F*CK IT'S BEEN FIVE F*CKING YEARS. LISTEN TO YOUR USERS PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, they don't give a single s***. And what's worst, they also bought Figma (that lovely XD killer) so we can happily await similar BS design decisions and non-existent "communication" with users very soon. They don't really give a c***.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines