• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to add a device date and time to a project in XD?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone I am a small business owner and I was looking for a way to take the current device date and time from the phone and making my application automatily update to the date and time. I have been trying for awhile but I cant seem it figure it out .

An example of how it is currently formatted is below but it works via a basic text box what I wish to improve.

Example

22 Apr 2022

09:46pm

I just need it to be a small box that constantly updates so if anyone knows how to do that it would be greatly appreciated. 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Hi @Jensonnnn,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I have seen a similar type of request has been raised on our XD UserVoice 

We would request you to please upvote the request if it's the same or raise a new request.

I will also make sure to pass on your feedback to our product team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has no scripting capabilities so unfortunately you cannot do this out of the box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see thats a shame. Is there no possability of a plugin or anything like that or just stright up never going to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory you can do this with a plug-in but it'd be a bit of work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay well im not shy to a bit of work so I will give it a shot. Do you have any suggestions for plugins or do you just know that it would be possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be straightforward - although I haven't done any plugin dev myself (yet!)

I'd start here:

https://developer.adobe.com/xd/uxp/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jensonnnn,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I have seen a similar type of request has been raised on our XD UserVoice 

We would request you to please upvote the request if it's the same or raise a new request.

I will also make sure to pass on your feedback to our product team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines