• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to connect multiple component states with eachother without overriding the original?

Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to Adobe XD but I'm trying to create an interactive map using component states. I have several toggles set up as simple component states that I want to interact both indepenently and with one another.

So for example Image 1 below shows the 'General / Misc' toggle on... 

Image 1.png

while Image 2 below shows the 'No text' toggle on.

Image 2.png

Image 3 below shows both of these toggles on.

Image 3.png

But ideally I would like Image 3 to ONLY show the examples in relation to the first toggle pressed. So for example if I first press 'General / Misc' then 'No text' the map would ONLY show the General / Misc examples that have no text. So ideally it would look something like this (I did this manually with the eye tool)

Image 4.png

I know I can change the component state for 'No text' to simulate this, but then it over-rides the toggle working independently, and doesn't logically work if I first pressed another option aside from 'General / Misc'.

I hope that makes sense. Basically I'm wondering if there is a way to connect multiple component states with one another without overriding the original component state. 

Thanks in advance - any suggestions on how to get around this would be really appreciated!

<Title was renamed by moderator?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and writing a detailed description of your workflow. If I heard you right, you're looking for this functionality: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

If so, then I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishika,

Thanks for your reply. So am I correct in understanding that this is currently not possible in the latest version of Adobe XD? If so, are there any ways to manually 'work around' it?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Unfortunately, it's not possible as of now. I am not sure of any workaround but I am keeping the discussion open for our experts who might any workaround with them which might help. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines