• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to push character changes from the artboard to the assets panel?

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example - I need to rebrand an entire family of templates with new fonts.  I want to figure out how the fonts are going to look on a template first, then push that change up to the character styles panel so every template shows that new font.

Right now I can only figure out how to change the font in the character styles panel, then go to a template on the artboard to see if I like the change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Hi @Dennis243824700439 , thinking what I'd do, as a fast preview, I think I'd create some copies of the file, renaming them carefully to avoid any confusions later on, or better, creating a "styles preview" etc folder and making that folder something like a styling preview/playground and then if I like the changes, reflect the changes to the original file. I liked the idea of having like a "git branch" for some variants etc in style but for now this might resolve the issue. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Dennis243824700439 , thinking what I'd do, as a fast preview, I think I'd create some copies of the file, renaming them carefully to avoid any confusions later on, or better, creating a "styles preview" etc folder and making that folder something like a styling preview/playground and then if I like the changes, reflect the changes to the original file. I liked the idea of having like a "git branch" for some variants etc in style but for now this might resolve the issue. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines