• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to recover from unwanted auto saved in XD?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since I don't always want to save changes I make to a document and XD does always save documents without warning or permission I'm looking for a way to recover documents XD has save over against my wishes. 

Is there a way? I have a feeling its not an unusual request.  

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Hi @Cameron25313414yfgu,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We understand your concern and will make sure to pass on the feedback. We've seen similar requests have been raised on the XD UserVoice. Please find the link below in order to submit your feedback and upvote the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

At the top of the window next to the file name click the down arrow and you'll see past versions of your file. You can also mark specific versions to name and keep them (auto versions expire after 30 days, but marked ones are kept until you unmark them).

Also, cloud files are auto-saved but not local files. If you are working collaboratively with others you will need cloud files, but if it's just you working alone, you may want to consider saving as local files. Auto-save is needed for cloud f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cameron25313414yfgu,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. We understand your concern and will make sure to pass on the feedback. We've seen similar requests have been raised on the XD UserVoice. Please find the link below in order to submit your feedback and upvote the request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the top of the window next to the file name click the down arrow and you'll see past versions of your file. You can also mark specific versions to name and keep them (auto versions expire after 30 days, but marked ones are kept until you unmark them).

Also, cloud files are auto-saved but not local files. If you are working collaboratively with others you will need cloud files, but if it's just you working alone, you may want to consider saving as local files. Auto-save is needed for cloud files because if multiple people are working on a file at the same time, because XD can't let one person save but let another person not save.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines