• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there possibly a memory leak with latest xd version?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

47.1.22.2 (x64)

imac (retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017)

monterey, 12.1

when i work in it, there is a considerable lag. i end up having to reboot computer.

or something else is going on with this version that's causing my entire worflow. (have not introduce or work in any new apps, adobe or otherwise... same set of apps and same setup; most noticeable when working in xd)

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reinstall it with  Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

May be that can help. Sometime garbage file or process can blow such a memory lack. Please review your Task Manager when XD is running and check is there any garbage xd processes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

althought i appreciate and thx for quick response...

"Did you try to reinstall it with  Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool..."

this seems to be a convoluted way to address the problem, as it assumes "The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool is intended for advanced computer users..."

what if user is not advanced and has this issue? what if user goes through all the steps and lose data (which the cleaner tool warns)? how many apps out there puts this onus on the average user? where is q/a and testing and usabilty on adobe side in this?

what you're suggesting and tell me is there is not an answer nor a safe solution for your average user, correct?

(i'm consider myself an "advanced computer user" and i hesitate to go through with this solution. i have on-going client work and there might be a chance if i implement it, there would be data loss).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and also, how would an average user know exactly what "review your Task Manager when XD is running and check is there any garbage xd processes" are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are we supposed to know which processes are garbage? If I had to guess, I'd say XD is the garbage process, although it's hard to tell when there are 15+ Adobe processes running.

Screenshot 2022-02-14 150100.png

I've uninstalled and reinstalled XD but the usage remains high. This sort of performance is unacceptable, and so is the solution to run CC Cleaner (as I wouldn't consider myself an advanced user and I'd really like to not lose my data). Why doesn't Adobe have something in CC Desktop to address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines