• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with a simple button (don't mark this as spam!)

Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a legitimate post, so please don't mark it as spam. WHO DOES THAT? The linked wetransfer file is so those who can advise can look at what I have done in order to present a solution because at some point I'm sure I will be asked to upload it somewhere for an expert to see. I'm just trying to get to the answer quicker. So...

If I:

1. create a rectangle
  2. colour it red
  3. make it a component
  4. create a hover state
  5. apply 50% transparency to that hover state

then in preview mode, should that rectangle turn from 100% opaque to 50% transparent?

When I apply 50% transparency to the hover state, it also changes the default state, when I correct the default state, it changes the hover state! This is driving me insane when it should be so simple!

https://we.tl/t-PqHo7sVp4R

From the file linked, you can see the same settings for a rectangle when part of a group works as expected, but when it is a rectangle by itself, it just won't work. Why?

Can this feature not be applied to a single object? Does it really have to be multiple objects within a component before this works properly?

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Hi @MotorIB, I've just tried with your file and the usual method of selecting the required state, double clicking the rectangle while hover state selected to sort of move into "inner" level of that state and then making required change at that "inner1" level works, as it only effects that particular state. You can see the edited file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlp821kpbbkasbm/0121-test-edited.xd?dl=0 
Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MotorIB, I've just tried with your file and the usual method of selecting the required state, double clicking the rectangle while hover state selected to sort of move into "inner" level of that state and then making required change at that "inner1" level works, as it only effects that particular state. You can see the edited file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlp821kpbbkasbm/0121-test-edited.xd?dl=0 
Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @AkinGn . Your feedback is much appreciated.

I did eventually figure it out probably about the same time you replied to me. I didn't realise that you still had to double click into the component. After all, it's just a single ungrouped object, so I was treating it like a single object. With groups of objects it's obvious that if you click once, you select the group, click twice and you select individual objects... now I know, but god it was frustrating.

All this time of using XD and I've never had the requirement to do this. Every day is a school day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyday is a school day indeed, but I think we need to feel like we're learning new stuff almost everyday, right? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines