• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with exporting artboard to a SVG

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my artboard as an SVG - parts of the layout either move or do not appear.

Artboard in XD.png

This was created in XD - everything is lined up and centered.

Exporting this as a SVG results in this:

Artboard in Photoshop.png

So I have to open it in Illustrator to fix it which is not a great workflow.

Why are things moving around? Also have had a problem with pieces of the layout not even appearing in the SVG file.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share file. I am able to export without any glitch. How you export svg? Did you match all for export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by “Did you match all for export?” Do you mean “mark all for export?” Yes, I did this. I tried exporting the artboard with all of the SVG options - and this happens each time.

The chevron also disappears in the export - but this was a component from a different file. When I unlinked it, it appeared.

The circles and numbers are not a component, they are just circles and text. But we have many more screens to do, so this is a problem.

My ultimate goal is to get a PNG file sized to 1170 x 2532  - 460ppi. (As requested by my developer.) Exporting the artboard as a PNG even at 2x does not give the correct size.

Do you have a recommendation?

(I can not share the actual XD file because it is for a client.)

Thank you -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mean "mark all for export". Sorry for typo. For me it works fine. Can you check it on another machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ares,

Attached is an XD file to show what is happening with the SVG export. It is not exporting correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for files but I can't reproduce the bug. May be you can try to group them before export?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grouping did not work - I tried all sorts of combinations and still the file exports incorrectly. Everything is marked for export. What are the settings you are using for SVG export?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default setting

Screenshot 2021-05-17 200534.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the setting I have been using with this file and it still does not export correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and info. Could you please upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM or here so that we can also test at our end? Please share the XD and the OS version of your machine.

Thank you, Ares for your help in this post. We really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines