Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumping Text in Web Preview

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has any troubleshooting tips for fixing text that is hoping on the screen when viewing it in the web preview? All transitions are fine and smooth when previewing it in XD, the problem only occurs when viewing it in the web preview. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Jane

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. We could reproduce the issue mentioned and have logged it internally. We are prioritizing on it.

Regards,

Jagriti 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone: here's one and here's another

The quick answer is not to use auto-animate in transitions and state changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually discovered a solve for this problem. I changed all of my text frames from "Auto Height" to "Fixed Size" and that resolved the jumping text issue. 

janem97872293_0-1604675061313.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution, because Auto Height is the key feature of the last update and all new text-area objects are set to auto height by default. They should remove it altogether or fix it, so it actually works, because it's a pain in the ass to manually change to fix height for every text object I create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still here, although the soft has been updated already twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that after a huge job. I was forced to change all animations for something less exciting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, that's frustrating !

https://xd.adobe.com/view/7a43dcad-5e5f-4509-984e-431863ea14a9-2f10/

all texts are jumping when you are doing something on the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed that temporarily with the idea of janem97872293 : "Fixed size" for the text...

But this is not a sustainable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. It seems to happen to me when I group several hover effect componenets or nesting componenets. 

This is very frustrating as clients would not understand this is a system bug but thinking bad design quality. 
Really needs to be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. We could reproduce the issue mentioned and have logged it internally. We are prioritizing on it.

Regards,

Jagriti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? It's been almost two months since we are aware of this issue, it should've been fixed instantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major issue and needs to be fixed ASAP having many prototypes client-facing I'm surprsied this isn't the top of your list. 

The auto-height text function is a great and very useful add on it's just a shame that it's not been fully tested.

Please fix ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can fix it by converting the text into paths. Not the best solution for adjustments afterwards but still saved my ass nevertheless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines