• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard regularly stops working in XD 44 version.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Recently (within the last month or two) as I'm working in Xd, my keyboard will very frequently stop accepting inputs.

This happened very rarely in the past and I found an old fix on this site (I can't find the post) where if I push the Windows key twice, it Xd accepts keyboard inputs again, but now it's happening all the time! Like every 3-5 minutes. It seems to happen most when I exit editing a Text component, or do something in Xd then click to another window to do something and come back (sometimes I go into my web browser for something, sometimes I'm dragging an image into Xd, sometimes I'm copy/pasting text from another file).

When it happens, they keyboard does nothing at all. I can't edit text, I can't edit any values in the "Tranform" box, I can't use shortcuts to change my tool to "Text (T)" or "Select (V)" or "Ellipse (E)", etc.

I can tell it's Xd specific because any other program my keyboard works just fine. I'm unsure what triggers the bug.

I'm on ...

Adobe Xd v 44.0.12

Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.18363 build 18363

What else would you need to know to help figure out this bug?

Thank you!
Jason

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would request you to please update XD to 44.1 version and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops! I am on 44.1.12 and have been this whole time. I didn't notice that typo in my original post. Sorry. 😃

So yes it's happening on the latest version (I just checked again to ensure I have the latest version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines