• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 34 : Document Assets / Character Styles doesn't work after latest update

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated my Adobe XD (34.0.12.33) on Mac OS Cataline (10.15.7).

Now the majority of the Character Styles don't work. They all worked fine yesterday and have done for the last week working on this project. But now after the update, if I highlight text on the Artboard and click through the Character Styles only certain ones change.

For example I have the same Font/Weight but in several sizes (72, 60, 48, 36, 30, 24, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11) ...only 2 (30 + 60) actually change anything!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020
  • Hi All,

Thankyou for your patience. It looks like the bug is fixed in XD 36.0 version. Could you please check and confirm if you're still experiencing the issue? If yes, then I would request you to please continue using the workaround- "If you are using a character style where font size is in decimal, please delete it and recreate the character style with font size in whole number instead of decimals and check if that works. " and share the below-asked details with us.

• Collect the logs us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. We have an ongoing discussion similar to this issue, please refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/latest-update-has-broken-document-assets-character-styles-xd...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer is not correct at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well.

My character styles weren't working at all. MacOS v11.0.1 and Adobe XD v35.2.12.6

However, it wasn't my font size, it was my line spacing that had a decimal. I was just doing quick mockups and set the line spacing in the font to 1.3*[font size]. When I changed the line spacing to a whole number, the character styles would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with Adobe XD version: 35.2.12.6, creative cloud sync 4.3.71.1.

When i click on the majority of the Character Styles they do NOT apply to the selected text.

Please advise,

Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unbelivable that Adobe XD team can't fix this issue in 1,5 months. I DONT have decimals in my character preferences and they still dont work...

Please fix this ASAP.

It is really frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. If a character style has either size or line height with a decimal it not longer works, which is very frustrating as I need to be able to match these exactly to create designs for an existing build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I have the same problem. Originally my document came from PS. If I delete all the text boxes and create new boxes in XD everything works fine with the character styles. Could this be perhaps a problem with from PS generated text boxes? (Whole number font sizes didn't solve the problem before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xd does not apply character styles. What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more details about your workflow step by sep to understand the problem.Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Create a text object with specific properties.
  2. Right-click on the object and "Add Character Style to Assets."
  3. Create a second text object.
  4. Adjust the text properties to be different than the previous.
  5. Select the new text object.
  6. Select the character style from the "Document Assets" panel.
  7. Right-click on the character style.
  8. Select "Apply character style."
  9. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Version 35.3.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uuninstalling then reinstalling the app didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if it's a cloud document or local. The issue seems to be using character styles with existing files.

The previous process works if you create a brand new XD file. If you use an older file it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is also having this issue and it's creating significant collaboration problems on design system work for us on a client project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v35.3.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble applying character styles in XD. We have seen the similar issue in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/latest-update-has-broken-document-assets-character-styles-xd... Could you please check if you are experiencing the similar issue if so, please try the workaround suggested in the correct answer of the post?

If you're experiencing the different issue, I would request you to please record a video of the workflow and upload it to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the url with us.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Changing the font size and line spacing to be whole numbers allows me to use character styles again.

However, using whole numbers for these properies violates our design system guidelines.

We'd appreciate this getting fixed ASAP as it affects our daily work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely understand the problem because of the issue, Scott. I will make sure to convey your feedback with our team. The team is diligently working on the issue and you will definitely see the fix soon. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same we have decimal numbers because that's part of the type scale so we need those to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD Team, 

It's nearly mid January and still no update on this issue? Very frustrating... I've been having this issue for sometime now patiently waiting for an update. It's a BIG problem for those with large projects. Something small as changing the text size for every paragraph in my project is incredibly time consuming and annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this marked solved above. This is still an issue and not just a small one. Please get this fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry Laura, didn't mean to reply to yours and for some reason I can't delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue and a rather large and frustrating one and yet it still isn't resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It might seem like a (short term) workaround to 'just' round up/down but this is getting a bit frustrating now. Assets/design systems not working as intended, which is annoying when you're working with external terms + brands that want accuracy. Don't want to have to change everything to then need to change it back once/if resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been around months, still no fking fix? This makes my workflow 2x slower.. Just fix your sh*t, so many bugs in this software on WINDOWS... You don't care do you? And everytime it has the same response.. Is it so difficult to fix something that has been broken for months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines