• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : Library element missing from document

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a new document and pasted in some components from my master library document. Straight away one of the components appears as missing yet it is in the library and it is in the document where it was pasted. What does this mean? Is this yet another bug from the never-ending list? How do I fix it?

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 15.17.14.png

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Hi mowglivj,

Thank you for reporting an issue, if the Master Library document is not saved properly(Shows Saving....)while copying the components, then the possibility of getting broken badge, but when the file properly saves to cloud, the broken badge will not seen OR If the psted document is a local file and the Master Library document is not saved properly to cloud, then chances of getting broken badge to pasted assets..Try once completley saving the file to cloud then copy/paste the assets 
H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mowglivj,

Thank you for reporting an issue, if the Master Library document is not saved properly(Shows Saving....)while copying the components, then the possibility of getting broken badge, but when the file properly saves to cloud, the broken badge will not seen OR If the psted document is a local file and the Master Library document is not saved properly to cloud, then chances of getting broken badge to pasted assets..Try once completley saving the file to cloud then copy/paste the assets 
Hope it helps,

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using a copy of the official Material Design UI Kit for XD as a linked document, and it is basically unusable because of this.

If I make changes to the Material Design document, it takes 5-10 minutes to save, then the same happens for the file that uses the linked assets. It's really confusing, because it says "saving", but in reality I think it means that it's loading things in from the "source document".

Either way, when it's done, this results in the red "Element is missing" icons. This is just from making changes in the source document, not copy + pasting.

Is this not how "Libraries"/"Linked Assets" are intended to be used, or are they still considered an unstable beta feature or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Avez-vous trouvé une solution qui fonctionne correctement à votre probleme ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LisaDT,

Thank you for reaching out. We would like to know once you have updated the component in your main document, have you updated your published library as well? 

If yes, does that happen with a specific component or with all component?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines