• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library in XD is confusing?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library after the update which happened a while ago now, how do I get to see colors, Character Styles, components and Graphic images I´ve collected from stock photo at the same time?  Annoying to click between thoose two and I got no clue how to figure out what is correct, because i it looks like document asset is where color etc. is .... just really confusing and annoying not being able to have them up at the same time. Switching between takes too much time. Before the photo library was its own tool window and you could have it anywhere...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Unfortunately, you can't. The only thing you can do is you can search from all libraries while on Document Assets, which will show results without switching panels, but not sure if that's a huge help or time-saver. We keep asking for multiple panels like in Photoshop and Illustrator, but Adobe's commitment to "touch friendly" design tools keeps making Xd increasingly annoying to use... 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't. The only thing you can do is you can search from all libraries while on Document Assets, which will show results without switching panels, but not sure if that's a huge help or time-saver. We keep asking for multiple panels like in Photoshop and Illustrator, but Adobe's commitment to "touch friendly" design tools keeps making Xd increasingly annoying to use... 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spas, 

Thanks for answer. I´ve now tried to cope with this for a month now, but I ´ve got say the XD functionlity around this feature is truly frustrating and time consuming. I hope there is a way XD developers can either redo or find a better solution for because this is truly a functions which has made XD much worse to use regarding library use. The search field only search objects too and not folder of project which is also frustrating. The switch between library and images is also hard to find a good work way through it´s just not intuitive at all. 
Anyways sorry for critisim, I love XD and just hope there is a way this can be improved in the future and fast ;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines