Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line shape and arrows Disappear - Importing from AI

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,  

I am having an issue when I import files from AI to XD where my line shapes and arrows are disappearing.  Is there any way to preserve this before I import, so I don't have to change each one back manually?

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. When opening Illustrator files in XD, most of the layers and effects are retained with exact visual fidelity and are editable. However, some Illustrator features are not compliant and are transferred as vectors or not transferred at all. There are certain limitations while importing Illustrator files in XD so please refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/user-guide.html/in/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.ug.html 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to export svg file from Ai or you can export bitmap (jpg, png) from Ai and use in your XD project if it acceptable for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines