• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : Error: "Library is missing " when components are updated

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue where I had an existing library. Then I created a new library and suddenly half of my components in my original library were linked to the new library I created. Even though the new library did not contain any of the first librarys components. I then unpublished the new library. Now I have components that say 'Library is missing'. 

I have about 50 projects that rely on using this library. If I update any components, I will have to go through all projects and fix them individually. That is unacceptable. Please help. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 6.16.30 PM.png

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Data loss , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

How did you create your new library? It sounds like you used Save As... which preserves all of the internal component IDs, so it's a clone of your original library.

The first thing you should do is Re-Publish the library to restore the links.

To create a separate, new library, copy all of the components on canvas and paste them into a new doc. Select the Linked Components in the Assets Panel, right-click > Make Local. Then Publish to a new Library.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you create your new library? It sounds like you used Save As... which preserves all of the internal component IDs, so it's a clone of your original library.

The first thing you should do is Re-Publish the library to restore the links.

To create a separate, new library, copy all of the components on canvas and paste them into a new doc. Select the Linked Components in the Assets Panel, right-click > Make Local. Then Publish to a new Library.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines