• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Preview on Android still not working

Advisor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many decades does it take for live preview to work on Android? I've read so many official Adobe articles that says this is working but it's not. Then the articles is re-written to "coming soon", then it says "Preview prototypes using the XD mobile app (iOS and Android)" but it's not working! I've just finnished downloading the two january XD updates but it's still not working. I've tried it on Galaxy S7+ and Galaxy S10. When I open the XD mobile app and connect it to the PC as described with XD documents open nothing happens. All I see is this screen. It's been like this always, so what's the point in having this app for Android when it doesn't work?! Is this one of those "uhm, sorry it doesn't work on Windows" type of cases again?

XD mobile app.png

adobe XD site.png

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Thanks for sharing the insights, Perrybrus. We do have an option to preview XD prototype on Android and iOS. Since there are two ways to preview, using USB Tethering and through Cloud Docs. So with Windows Machine on Android device, we don't have an option to preview using USB tethering, instead, we can preview it by saving it as a cloud document. Having said that, I agree there is always a scope of improvement so please upvote this request to add voice to the feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-android-tethered-usb-mobile-device-preview-on-wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I am afraid, as of now, if your device is running Adobe XD on Windows 10, real-time preview through USB is not supported on Android. Instead, you can save the document as a cloud document and then preview it on the mobile app. For more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/preview-mobile.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why don't you communicate this lack of Windows support on the website? It doesn't say anything about that on the XD product site. Is this intentional? It says "Preview prototypes using the XD mobile app (iOS and Android)" Are you embarressed to actually communicate the truth? Is XD still a Mac application with some scattered Windows support? Microsoft Windows is the dominating desktop operating system with a share of 76.56 percent! The newest stats are enclosed.

adobe XD site.pngScreenshot_2021-01-19 Desktop OS market share 2020 Statista.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the insights, Perrybrus. We do have an option to preview XD prototype on Android and iOS. Since there are two ways to preview, using USB Tethering and through Cloud Docs. So with Windows Machine on Android device, we don't have an option to preview using USB tethering, instead, we can preview it by saving it as a cloud document. Having said that, I agree there is always a scope of improvement so please upvote this request to add voice to the feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17453770-android-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you hopefully know preview through Cloud Docs is not the same as a live doc preview using the USB connection. These are two very different features and experiences. Are you serious when asking me to upvote something for W10 that has existed for Mac OS for years??! That's just comical. This is what makes Figma more and more interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Samsung Galaxy S10+ and live preview with USB is still not working. It was working fine a couple of months ago. What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Since you mentioned that it was working earlier, I am assuming that you have macOS as on Windows we don't have an option to live preview with USB tethering. In case if you have macOS, please try re-installing XD app on your mobile and if it still doesn't work, please re-install XD app on the computer and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I reinstalled it a couple of times. The problem seems to be with Samsung Galaxy S10+ since iPhones have no problems.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your phone's OS update? There may have been a change due to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, I can't see the changes that I apply to the document until I close and open them again, the funny thing is that before Xd did it perfectly and figma didn't have the function, now figma mirror works but Xd doesn't anymore how frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines